Image Map

Monday, December 23, 2013

WORTH THE HYPE? BECCA MATTE PRIMER


Hello my beautiful friends. If you say you've never heard of the Becca Ever-Matte Primer, you're lying. It's been talked about and talked about then talked about some more among the beauty community. Everyone says it's the best matte primer ever, it keeps you matte all day and keeps your makeup on. Today I am going to share my thoughts on this primer and whether I think its worth the hype or not. 

The band and cap is supposed to be a metallic sliver but it was too reflective in the photo so I had
cover it. 



I honestly don't think this product is worth all the hype it gets. I didn't notice any difference in my oil control and staying power of my makeup when using this. 

When I first applied it, the primer seemed like it would work amazing because it made my skin matte within the first minute. It felt slightly drying which I was kind of worried it would make my skin flaky but that wasn't even close to the major issue of this product. It made my pores virtually invisible when I first put the primer on, it just overall seemed great!

Then 8 hours passed without me checking my makeup at all and I looked in the mirror. My face was still super oily, my pores were visible and my makeup was still wearing off. It didn't make anything worse than without the primer but it sure didn't make it better. 

I even used it with a matte foundation that I felt needed just a tad extra but my skin still looked the same. I may try this product again and do an update in the new year. It might be one of those products that you change your opinion the second time but for now I wouldn't waste your money on this product. I am so happy I got a sample before buying the full size.

I must say it does feel very light on the skin which is great so you don't feel like your pores are clogged and it drys superfast. I also love it doesn't have a silicone feel, I hate that. But the actually product doesn't work, sadly. I hate really high hopes for this and I was so excited that I might actually find a primer that works but nope. Just try, try again!

Well that's my short little review on the Becca Primer. I hope it helped some of you decide on whether you want this product or not. Even thought this didn't work for me, it might work for you. If you want to form your own opinion just simple ask for a sample, no need to hate. Happy Holidays!

xoxo, head2toevogue





1 comment: