Image Map

Sunday, December 15, 2013

NYX XTREME LIP CREME IN NATURAL


Hello there my beautiful friends. How are you this fabulous Sunday? Its almost the start of the last week before Christmas! Crazy, right? Today I bring you a review, I don't do these very often. Before I bought this lip product I tried finding reviews on it but I couldn't find very many so I thought this may be useful to some one who are in my situation. Let me know what you think of this picture quality, I spent a long time editing and taking the pictures to make them the best I could in the low light. Lets get into the review!





This lip creme is a very thick, opaque gloss/liquid lipstick. It almost feels like the Rimmel Apocalips/Show Offs but a little thicker. It is most definitely not a runny product. It can be very sticky and gooey if too much is applied. It is definitely very pigmented which is great but because of that it feels heavy on the lips. 

This shade looks like a light pink in the tube and when swatched but when on lips it looks very nude. It almost makes me look sick or dead. It may just be my skin tone, I am usually the second or third lightest shade in foundation/concealer. Its not unwearable but it could be hard to pull off for some people. 

The wear time of this product is average I'd say. Since it is very thick and shiny it almost feels as though it slides off the lips. It does come off on cups and food so be careful of that. I'd say the longevity is average for a lipstick. I'm sure the matte lip creams would last much longer but I haven't had the chance to try those.

One note I have to say about this is that it tends to gather in the inner part of your lip and the outer corners. So when you move your mouth you can see slight strings of it. I'm sure this can be fixed by just using less of the product and sheering it out. 

Overall this product is decent. I will continue to use it but I won't be my number one choice of a lip product. Its just a little too thick and gloppy for everyday use. I like the pigmentation of this product but for this color its a little too much, I would opt for the darker shades in this. 

Hope this review was helpful in some way. If you got this in the red shade, it would be a perfect holiday color. Merry Christmas everyone!

-head2toevogue



No comments:

Post a Comment