Image Map

Tuesday, November 05, 2013

My Top Cold Weather Products!

Hello there my beautiful friends. As we all know and experienced, when cold weather strikes your lips, face and body feel the wrath. I do admit that I love cold weather but I don't love the dryness that comes along with it! I am going to share with you some of my favorite cold weather products a.k.a my winter holy grails!

Cold Weather Products!

Cold Weather Products! by beautywarrior1 featuring lip care
Will take you to my Polyvore where you can see all the prices of products!

LIPS

Firstly, you need a good lip scrub to get rid of all the dead, dry skin on your lips. My all time favorite lip scrubs are by lush! They have yummy flavours and they are edible. If you don't want to spend money on a scrub then just combine sugar, oil and honey together. There ya go a D.I.Y scrub!

Second, you need a good lip balm. I still haven't found an amazingly mositurizing one that I can't live without but I do have a few the are very good. The first is the Fresh Sugar Lip Balm, they are very shiny and smooth. The next is the Burt's Bees, it's a basic lip balm moisturizing but not noticeable on the lips. The last is the rosebud salve, the base is petroleum so it's very thick and shiny.  I love them all!

FACE

First, you need a face exfoliator to smooth out your skin and eliminate the dry patches. For more sensitive skin I would reccomend the St.Ives Gentle Apricot Scrub and for more tough skin the Lush Ocean Salt Scrub. They are both amazing at getting rid of flakiness.

Secondly, you need a good moisturizer to keep your skin from drying out. For more normal to dry skin I would try the Nivea Pure and Natural Day Cream, for normal to combo the Yes to Cucumbers daily moisturizer its light and moisturizing and for oily I reccommend the La Roche Posay Effaclar Mat. They are all moisturizing and protect the skin. Note that the Effaclar will NOT be as hydrating as it's for oily skin.

Last, you need a good hydrating face mask. The Avene Hydrating Mask is good for hydrating parched skin and the Origins Face Masks are always good. They have 3 masks for different skin types so you will find one to suit you. But for winter I would go for the hydration one.

BODY

Firstly, you need to scrub all the dryness off your hands and body. Again I would reccomend the Ocean Salt for your hands and body. For your hands you can also find a scrubber brush and some soap to get rid of the dryness. To keep your skin moisturized go for a hydrating body wash. 

Finally, you need a body and hand cream. For your body I would say to just use coconut oil, but make sure you use a little as it can be greasy. If coconut oil is too greasy for your liking I would reccommend the Pacifica Body Butters. They are thick and hydrating and have a ton of yummy scents. For hands the eos is a lighter moisturizer for not super dry skin. For more dry hands go for the Soap and Glory Hand Food or True Blue Spa Shea Cashmere Hand Cream(bath and body works). They are both very hydrating and perffff for cold weather.

HAIR

I have one simple product: COCONUT OIL! Seriously amazing for hair! Enough said.... Just try it!

To make it more festive try and find Christmas scents! If you want me to do my favorite Christmas themed products leave a comment!

Thanks for reading my lovelies and remember to enjoy the cold weather while it lasts(that's if you like cold weather) and remember that not this Friday coming up but next Friday I officially launch my Christmas series so comment some Christmassy things you want to see! 

 What's your go-to cold weather product? Are you excited for the cold weather? 


2 comments: