Image Map

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Beauty Blogger Series- Favorite Mascara!


Hello loves, it's Sunday! Today is my second post in the beauty blogger series! This week is mascara so I am going to share with you one of my favorite Mascaras. I just realized it's another Revlon product...oops! Well let's get on with it...


One of my many favorite mascaras is the Revlon Lash Potion by Grow Luscious. First off just look at that packaging. It's so colourful and potion-like. It's a pretty big tube, really long, but it's slim so it's not too bulky. The bottle shape is pretty simple, there's no weird bumps and anything. It's also a very metallic bottle which makes it more fancy in my opinion.


The brush is very long and big. If you have big eyes it would be absolutely amazing. I have pretty small eyes and I can still use this comfortably though. That's one of the big reasons why it's my favorite, you can use it on all eye shapes. If you have small eyes though you have to be a little more careful as it can get everywhere. This doesn't have plastic bristles so it gives a lot of volume. Plastic bristles give more separation and length. It is easy to get mascara on your lids so be careful.

The formula, I would say, is very wet so it can get clumpy but not bad at all. I rarely ever get clumps using this. It gives a lot of length, like a lot! It gives good volume too but not as much as other Mascaras. To get full impact you have to put on 2-3 layers but don't put too much as it can get spidery and you don't even have to curl your lashes before! It curls them for you, I don't know how. It feels kind of heavy on the lashes but nothing too annoying. 

One bad thing about this mascara is that it flakes and smudges a lot. It's really annoying but it can be fixed with mascara primer, a coating you put on your lashes which makes any mascara waterproof or put a waterproof mascara over it. 


This definitely one of my favorite mascaras! If you are in need of a new mascara I would really reccommend this and see how you like it. It's not too expensive, it's anywhere from $5 to $11 CAD. 

And remember on Friday the 15th I am starting my Christmas series so be on the lookout and on the 14th I am decorating my blog for Christmas! I may change something in the banner and add some Christmas details so look out for that also.

Thanks for reading my lovelies and hope you have a fabulous week! 


       What's your favorite mascara? Have you tried this mascara? What are your thoughts?


No comments:

Post a Comment